Responsible for locating and maintaining the most effective sources of supply to ensure the best quality materials are available to meet customer requirements. Considers all aspects of the relationship with suppliers, including quality, value and the ability to respond quickly to changing supply requirements. Aims to select suppliers that can act as long-term partners, helping to meet the business growth objectives. Develop suppliers that can bring technology and materials to aid in NPD and EPD to add value.
- Developing SLA’s with A grade suppliers ensuring effective inventory provision, at the required quality.
- Develop and execute long-term supply strategy deployment, supplier cost modelling, supplier opportunity assessments, supplier financial analysis, negotiations, long-term contract establishment, continuous supplier performance improvement, and supplier relationship development.
- Negotiate the ‘best in class’ price, payment terms, quality levels, and delivery terms for purchased products in compliance with business objectives.
- Work with process development to engage suppliers in improvement programmes linked to quality and value improvement.
- Aim to achieve cost reductions while maintaining or improving the quality of supplies and services.
- Create and maintain supplier management metrics to drive improvement and selection.
- Managing supplier relations and negotiating contracts, prices, lead times etc – Prepare and conduct contract negotiations to obtain best value.
- Monitor markets to create basis for deciding optimum sourcing strategy.
- Coordinate and support on-site supplier assessment/certification audits and continuous improvement activities that drive down total cost and increase total supplier quality.
- Identify new and alternate sources of supply as necessary to support new product development, cost reduction requirements, and supplier performance issues.
- Evaluate medium to long-term supplier capabilities in an effort to optimize the supply base in support of supplier reduction goals and objectives.
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of essential trends including: industry trends, cost drivers, global pricing, material lead times, and technical/manufacturing processes.
- Lead cross-functional teams to drive global supply chain enhancements.
- Demonstrable experience with developing supplier relationships and service level agreements.
- Demonstrable planning and organising skills with the ability work to tight deadlines.
- Confident in a visible environment with a high level of personal and professional credibility.
- Experience gained within a production / manufacturing environment, preferably with a materials background.
- Demonstrable ability to analyse problems and suggest appropriate direction to resolve.
- Strong negotiation skills, centred around total value.
- A relevant professional qualification (i.e. CIPS) is desirable.