Goodfellow is a UK-based company with subsidiary operations in the USA, France, Germany and China. The Company supplies materials which are used for research, development and specialised manufacturing applications.
The Sales and Service team work closely with Purchasing and are responsible for the sales process from initial enquiry through to quotation and order placement. Working with the Purchasing group, the team provides costings for customer enquiries as well as sourcing and purchasing materials and items for both current and future orders. This Sales role is customer focussed, providing commercial support on a wide range of issues and includes identification and development of business opportunities. It supports the general activities of the Sales Group and includes an aspect of account management.
- Day to day Sales & Service team interface for external customers and internal stakeholders
- Dealing with and responding to customer queries received by phone, email and website, from customers in supported markets
- Processing of orders including associated administration and monitoring of their progress to ensure fulfilment of customer requirements
- Managing customer complaints resolution by identifying and escalating key issues in a timely manner
- Processing and managing the sales quotation and enquiry process in accordance with pre-agreed company policies, including quantity pricing and discounting
- Pricing customer enquiries in line with current business practice, respecting catalogue pricing integrity and margin guidelines. Liaising with suppliers as required to ensure that the right materials are sourced at the right price point to maximise conversion rate and customer satisfaction.
- Follow up of quotations which are issued by Goodfellow Cambridge Ltd or by any associate company within the Goodfellow group
- Working in collaboration and liaising with internal departments to facilitate information flows across teams and with customers on a wide range of issues
- Maintain and update sales and customer records on internal database
- Through contact with customers, the identification and qualification of possible business opportunities and escalation to the Sales team
- Interact with Finance team regarding payment, management of overdue invoices and customer accounting issues
- Ensure the adherence to internal Sales processes and procedures is maintained and completed within a timely manner.
- Answering the phone, transferring calls and taking messages for internal departments
All employees are required to live by the company values:
- Acknowledge the shortcoming and limitations within yourself and your team and take action to mitigate these.
- Seek ways to improve and enhance Goodfellow working practices
- Be receptive to new ideas and practices to improve the results within your team
- Implement solutions and changes positively and encourage the same within your team.
- Encourage your team to provide solutions not problems
- Be receptive to feedback for your own and team’s performance
- Go above and beyond
- Actively seek feedback from your teams customers to ensure their needs and expectations are met
- Knowledge of managing the commercial impact of a team
- Ability to meet both personal and departmental KPI
- Regularly communicate the progress of the department/teams efforts based against the operational plan and business objectives.
- Build a positive and healthy working relationship with all colleagues in your team and company.
- Communicate with all colleagues in a professional, calm and assertive manner
- Be flexible to the needs and requirements of other teams
- A mindset that puts the customer at the centre of everything we do
- Flexibility and a positive attitude towards opportunity
- Exhibit a positive approach and treat all colleagues, clients etc with dignity and respect
- Excellent telephone and listening skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Language skills appropriate to the supported markets – written and oral. Native level French and/or German language skills an advantage
- IT skills – Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel & Sales Force
- Numerical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Product awareness – Stay up-to-date with new products and features
- Customer & Commercial awareness
- Accuracy and attention to detail (including checking data accuracy in orders and invoices)
- An ability to work independently and as a team
- Be proactive and flexible