Create a clear competitive advantage for Goodfellow through delivering sustainable improvements and benefits in operational excellence by:
- Developing and leading a high performing Goods In and Warehouse function based on delivering the Business Strategy
- Leading, developing, owning, communicating and driving the delivery of the Goods In and Warehouse function Strategy
- Delivering an efficient and cost-effective operation to drive excellent customer experience.
- The role is expected to have a proportion of day-to-day value adding activity as well as supervisory requirements.
Team Leader responsibility within the Goods In and Warehouse department to include:
- Strategic and Operational Planning
- Organize the workload and resources of the department based on the operational needs of the business.
- Regularly communicate and review the department progress against set KPIs.
- Financial Management
- Manage the department budget accordingly within scope.
- Ensure all resources within the department are used effectively.
- Leading and Managing People
- Manage the conduct and behavior of the department in line with company expectations.
- Perform regular one to ones with employees with your team to ensure their individual objectives and goals are set, reviewed and achieved.
- Develop employees’ skills, knowledge and strengths by providing day to day coaching and mentoring.
- Other job specific Function
- Understand all department functions and activity to be able to add value as part of the role.
- Perform added value Goods In and Warehouse functions / requirements as part of the team.
- Lead the department ensuring Health & Safety and Quality are always top priority.
- Lead and develop the department to ensure the timely availability of quality inventory through effective management of resources and processes.
- Lead the department to drive inventory integrity and accuracy through its lifecycle from Goods In to the Customer
- Accountable for Stock count and accuracy
- Accountable for physical stock management and accurately reconciling with inventory management systems
- Lead a culture in which the focus on ‘outstanding customer experience’ and ‘on time and in full delivery’ is at the heart of every decision made, driving ownership and urgency through the teams.
- Create, maintain and improve department procedures to drive standardization, effective training, and flexibility. Champion a structured environment, in line with ISO 9001 requirements, to ensure a transparent operation.
- Work collaboratively with other production departments to ensure available resource is effectively channeled to the most beneficial areas. Champion flexibility and cross training to deliver a team able to respond to business requirements expediently.
- Work collaboratively with other functions, including sales and service and other production teams, to ensure customer requirements are responded to at the earliest opportunity.
- Drive root cause problem solving through the teams, and cross functionally, to ensure all issues are resolved at source and fixes are implemented to stop further occurrences.
- Active involvement in the strategic development of the department, acting as facilitator of improvements both driven by the business and the department team.