Goodfellow is a UK-based company with subsidiary operations in the USA, France, Germany and China. The Company supplies materials which are used for research, development and specialised manufacturing applications.
The Operations Analyst will have a key responsibility for delivering improvement to the Company’s complex inventory holdings. This improvement will be through developing inventory insight and processes necessary to manage the stockholding more effectively. Further involvement and analysis across the rest of the operations function will also be part of the role. This will include Production and Purchasing.
- Effective analysis and interpretation of the inventory and actioning of associated physical stock and process issues
- Physical stock management and accurately maintaining reconciliation with inventory management systems
- Help to deliver a robust cycle counting process, delivering in line with customer experience metrics and financial audit requirements
- Deliver effective reporting (to include stock value, stock accuracy, waste/write-offs, identification of runners and repeaters etc.) and recommend courses of action
- Help to deliver strong inventory controls to assist in the efficient movement and management of slow and non-moving items
- Continued analysis of inventory to drive effective decision making to maintain optimum levels of inventory
- Taking responsibility and ownership in problem investigation and resolution.
- Proactively looking for process improvements with a methodical and consistent approach
- Liaise with internal customers and stakeholders in a timely way to manage any issues
- Numerical and problem solving skills
- IT skills are essential – Microsoft Excel is a key requirement including pivot tables and Vlookup’s
- Accuracy and high attention to detail
- Passion for providing service excellence and drive to achieve results
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Flexibility and a positive attitude towards opportunity
- A mindset that puts the customer at the centre of everything we do
- Experience of analysis in an operations environment
- Analysis experience relating to inventory / stock
- Excel knowledge to intermediate / expert level
- A technical knowledge gained from a similar engineering / material supply business
- Supply Chain / Operations qualification would be an advantage