Goodfellow is looking for an exceptional data analyst to support its business intelligence function, playing a pivotal role in delivering ambitious growth goals.
The Business Intelligence department is a small but integral part of the company. The department provides support to the wider business through information systems. The Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for supporting and improving the quality of information provided to the business. The role will include assistance implementing a new ERP system, a project that is critical for the long-term growth of the company.
Goodfellow have implemented a new system called Jericho to replace the heritage system; the core system existed but much work has been done on making it a bespoke system to carry the company forward through the next period of growth and beyond.
- Manage and maintain product data within the information system.
- Evaluate and analyse data and content in support of the new ERP system.
- Provide first line support to ERP users.
- Oversee the change management process for existing and new information systems.
- Assist with other day to day tasks as appropriate.
- Develop a good understanding of how the product data fits together.
- Become a super-user of the new ERP Product module to be able to provide support to users.
- Report regularly to a range of stakeholders.
- Clear written English.
- Good attention to detail and a methodical nature, but with a pragmatic approach to solutions.
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Previous programming experience is desirable but not essential.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude, with an eager and proactive approach
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel
- A passion for working with data, backed up with some form of experience with data analysis.
- Enthusiasm to work as a team player and due to the varied nature of the work adaptability and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Some materials science knowledge would be advantageous but not essential.